6.03.2015

Yay, Australia here we come!

We have finally submitted our documents to AVAC. We were supposed to be done yesterday morning (I went alone because poor B got food poisoning and was too weak to go) but there was a document that we forgot to sign so we went back again this morning to hand it up. Great news though, I found out that my documents are already with the Australian High Commission and because I paid for the visa in cash, they do not have to take more time to verify the payment (as with cards). Anything to make it faster, right?

So, my Partner migration visa 309/100 -- which is applied outside of Australia -- cost us about $5500, which is I think lesser than the 820/801 one applied within Australia. That was our initial choice but we realised that applying outside was probably a better option for us. Anyway, money is not the issue here but my worry is to be apart from B for too long because I wouldn't be able to travel in and out of Australia.

For now, I'm a happy girl because we checked with the high comm. yesterday and they said that I can travel into Australia as long as I notify them... SO YAY!! THAT MADE ME SO HAPPY! So so relieved to hear that, and so thankful!

We immediately confirmed our flights on the coming Monday (which might be a bit too rush considering the amount of things we have left to do i.e. B's work and my packing) but I don't care! It feels good to know that I can be with B while he hunts for his job.

I think I was in such a good mood that I decided to bake make a no bake strawberry cheesecake last night, and 2 dish/1 soup breakfast for the family this morning (wish I took photos!). Maybe I'm starting to feel a little 不舍得 (unwilling to leave them) so i'm being extra extra sweet by making food for them haha.

I will have to perfect my recipes before I can share them, though I will have to credit others for it! Seriously, I never know how grandmas can cook  consistently without recipes and just remember exactly how much sugar, salt and soya sauce is needed?! Really impressive... Hopefully i'll have that same superpower when I become a grandma :)

As of now, my Dad seems to be coming to terms with me leaving to Perth. When I first told him, and the second and third time I mentioned it, he didn't seem to express much interest. Perhaps he thought I was not serious because it might explain why he had a sudden reaction when I told him I'm applying for my visa. *confused*

I was telling B that I really do want to follow my heart because the past 23 years of my life, I literally lived in a way that I thought would make me a model child. I studied hard, went to the "right" school for me and put in a lot of effort into my assignments. While I always wished to have gotten an art education, or something that I'm passionate in, my brain tells me that I will not make good money with it. I do regret not following my heart a little but at least I managed to snag B along the way hehe.  I think because of that, I am more persistent with what I believe in now. I do think that moving to Perth is the right thing to do.

Getting longwinded again... I'd better end here!

No comments:

Post a Comment